10 Reasons Why Feeling Sad Is Hard To Do | by Candra Evans
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. There is an appointed time for dancing and an appointed time for mourning.
I will not say that you should not have sad moments in your life. It happens to all of us. Even the most optimistic have their bouts with feeling sad. The loss of someone or something dear to us triggers this emotion easily.
Then there are times when feeling sad is based on perspective and how we perceive things to be. I don’t know about you but I’ve had many good cries on my pillow at night over issues that were not as bad as I thought.
If I had looked at my circumstance with eyes of faith, I would have had more restful nights. Often the bark of potential trouble is worse than its bite.
Every time I am overwhelmed by calamity, left alone, let down, or can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, I remember these 10 things. My perspective then changes. My vision is clearer. And my faith gives “feeling sad” a run for its money.
When it hurts, I bring back to my remembrance these 10 affirmations of my faith in God. And in the midst of my storm, I dance.
1. Jesus loves me both now and forever.
2. If God is for me who can prevail against me?
3. At the end of my journey is victory. It is not over until I win.
4. If what I am holding on to is only hurting me, I have the freedom to let it go.
5. For every friend that did not support me, God sent a stranger to help me. Then we became friends.
6. My heart has been broken before. I lived. I started over again. Life is better now.
7. The size of my blessing is not predetermined by my bank account. God shall supply all of my needs according to “His” riches in glory.
8. Faith still works.
9. By His wounds, I am healed. #Jesus
10. “Then the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18 ESV)
What affirmations or statements of faith strengthen your heart when you’re feeling sad?
Abundantly You Inc welcomes guest bloggers to come, write, and share! If you would like to write for AU or invite Candra to speak at your event, submit your information on our contact page.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 128787
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212